AAU Junior Olympic Games Dates: Monday, July 29 – Thursday, August 1
- July 28th: Athlete Check-In @ TBD
- July 29th: Team Practices; Competition Begins
- July 30st: Competition
- July 31st: Competition
- August 1st: Competition
Location: Wake Forest University, Kentner Stadium, 1834 Wake Forest Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27106
Registration Details: All participants must complete the following steps to secure their spot on the AAU Junior Olympic teams.
- Complete your registration to the event by logging into your USA Field Hockey Membership account and clicking "Upcoming Events" after navigating to the "Quick Links" section of your home screen located on the right. Once there, you will see an invitation to the AAU Junior Olympics, please accept this invitation and follow the prompts to complete your registration. Once you are registered for the event on USA Field Hockey's platform you will receive more information about the Junior Olympic Games in addition to the information below.
- Any athletes wishing to decline their spot should follow the steps above but then click "Decline Invitation" on the invitations page displayed.
- Become a member of AAU by visiting their website here and follow the prompts. All participants must be both USA Field Hockey and AAU members.
- Complete your AAU Junior Olympics registration by visiting the AAU Junior Olympic website here, clicking "Field Hockey" and completing the final prompts.
The deadline for registrations is July 10th at 11:59pm EST. Any individual not registered at this time will risk forfeiting their spot.
Stay to Play (Housing): Winston Salem has carefully selected host hotels for participants with the lowest rates available. The hotels selected for the program not only provide great rates, but also the greatest convenience in regards to location and other amenities in relation to the competition venue. All reservations are handled through PSE Event Housing. Please visit the housing portal here to make your reservations, or call 888-417-6446 for assistance.
Athlete Check-In: Athletes must check-in before being allowed to practice or compete. Field Hockey participants must check-in to receive their athlete credential or wristband. The appropriate credential or wristband will be needed prior to gaining admittance into the competition venues. Participants should check-in at least the day prior to competing. If that credential or wristband is lost or stolen there will be a replacement fee. For check-in hours, maps and additional directions please visit the AAU Junior Olympics website here.
To complete your registration to participate in the 2019 AAU Junior Olympic Games, you are required to use hotel accommodations as advertised at www.aaujrogames.org. If your team or athlete is local or not planning to stay at one of the recommended properties, you can submit a Housing Form available online here.
All athletes must be registered through both the USA Field Hockey and AAU registration portals no later than July 5th at 11:59pm EST. If you have any questions regarding this process please email Glen Hollingsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org.