2020 National Hockey Festival Locations and Dates
November 26-28- Sportsplex at Matthews
Registration will close September 30th.
Umpires are expected to arrive on November 25.
Given the current pandemic, USA Field Hockey is working diligently to deliver another great Hockey Festival. We will be following state and local guidance along with our COVID-19 action plan to ensure the health, safety and well-being of those in attendance. We are confident you will have a great time if you choose to attend even though safety protocols may give a different look and feel to Festival. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we continue to work through these challenges.
The above event is open to ALL USA Field Hockey umpires.
We are planning for approximately 80 Umpires at this event. A "wait list" will be established once 80 registrations are reached.
USA Field Hockey encourages the more experienced Level 1, 2 and 3 umpires to register.
As we are looking to get "back to hockey" many will not have had the opportunity to hone their skills leading up to the event. In lieu of our normal ratings and evaluations, we will be establishing a mentoring program to help educate those up and coming umpires. In the near future, we will be asking for volunteer mentors and for those who would like to be mentored.
Notes to Consider:
1. USA Field Hockey will be following its stated COVID-19 Action plan which will require all staff to answer a health questionnaire and be temperature checked each day.
2. In order to follow stated social distancing guidelines and reduce congregating in groups a central umpire tent will not be provided. It is recommended to bring your own chairs and sun umbrellas as needed.
3. Masks will be required, and it is recommended to bring hand sanitizer and wipes. (A limited amount of hand sanitizer will be available at designated areas throughout the venue, masks will not be provided)
4. Due to COVID-19 restrictions it is unlikely a bus to and from the hotel will be provided. Carpooling is suggested when able. Parking may be limited.
5. Radio usage and sharing is permitted, each umpire is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing after every use.
6. A process for Game cards is being evaluated and will be explained prior to the event.
7. Electronic whistles are permitted but not mandatory. If you are more comfortable wearing a mask and using one that is permitted.
8. All meetings will be done virtually through the "Teams" platform and all documents will be sent to you via email.
|Location & Contact Information|
Last Updated: 9/29/2020 4:40:34 PM