Online USA Field Hockey Advanced and NCAA Collegiate Umpire Seminar
USA Field Hockey is pleased to offer an upcoming umpire education opportunity with the Advanced USA Field Hockey and NCAA Collegiate Umpire Seminar. This seminar will run for three-consecutive weeks on Monday and Wednesday evenings, beginning Monday, January 18.
With the challenges and cancellations in 2020 due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic most umpires have not had any opportunity to be engaged in field hockey. With the hope for a return to play in 2021, this seminar will be a great start to get back into the game and individually prepared for upcoming umpiring assignments.
Each session of the Advanced USA Field Hockey and NCAA Collegiate Umpire Seminar will take place Monday and Wednesday evenings and run from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET. All sessions will be presented using the Microsoft Teams platform, with links sent to participants prior to each session.
The cost of the seminar is $75.00 for USA Field Hockey Members and $125.00 for non-USA Field Hockey Members. Registration is now open and will close on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
This online high-level seminar is designed for both current and potential umpires looking to advance their skills and understanding of the game with the intent of umpiring at the adult and collegiate levels. This is also a great opportunity for those looking to obtain a USA Field Hockey Level III Rating. It is highly suggested that any current collegiate/NCAA umpire attend.
Below is a tentative list of topics and presenters:
- Monday, January 18 - Umpiring Under Pressure with Gus Soteriades
- Wednesday, January 20 - Positioning and Cooperation in Today's Game with Maggie Giddens
- Monday, January 25 - Aerials: Understanding and Administration with Steve Horgan
- Wednesday, January 27 - Management and Carding with Suzi Sutton
- Monday, February 1 - Free Hit Administration with Consistency with Mary Driscoll
- Wednesday, February 3 - Video Review Process and Protocols with Steve Horgan
For questions, please contact Steve Horgan at email@example.com.